Correctly plumbing a house to city code takes an experienced professional with years of training and experience. Without an expert, many plumbing DIY attempts can turn into plumbing DIY fails – which cost you time, money, and dignity when you had to call a professional to do it right.
Everyone is busy, especially as the holidays roll around this time of year. You don’t have the time to redo a project two, three, or even four times. Call the professionals right away when you are beginning your projects to start them on the right foot.
Here is a list of tasks that can be done without a licensed professional:
- Changing a faucet for aesthetic purposes.
- Hooking up your ice maker to an existing water line.
- Tightening a loose or leaky pipe.
- Unclogging a drain with at-home products.
Here is a list of tasks that should always be done by a licensed professional:
- Adding plumbing to a basement or room.
- Adding a garbage disposal to your kitchen.
- Plumbing in another sink to a bathroom vanity.
- Adding a bathroom in a renovation.
If you are about to start a project in your home that involves plumbing, make sure you do your research on what you can or can’t do without a professional’s help. Hiring someone right the first time can help you avoid city code violations, unforeseen trouble, and wasted time.
Call Providence Plumbing today if you need help with your upcoming plumbing project.